Alan Swanson and Tim Conroy approach selling your property with a commitment to provide higher standards of customer service. They take the time to listen to your goals, assess your needs, and genuinely care about the sale’s outcome. Alan and Tim pride themselves on innovative marketing materials, prompt attention, and guiding clients through crucial decisions. The A-Team is with you every step of the way.
The A-Team’s Approach:
- The first step in selling your property is looking for a dependable real estate team. It’s important to take the time to assess your potential Realtor team, review their marketing material, hear about their approach, and feel comfortable working together. Alan and Tim take the time to visit with you at the property, introduce themselves, and enjoy taking a guided tour of the property.
- After the initial meeting Alan and Tim will complete a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) of your property. The goal of this CMA is to inform you on the current local real estate market, compare your property to recent sales, and recommend a listing price range.
- If you decide the A-Team is a good fit, Alan and Tim guide you through the official listing agreement and supporting documents. They encourage clients to express concerns and ask questions while the listing documents are prepared.
- Original and creative marketing is a catalyst for the A-Team’s successful results. With every property, Alan and Tim hire a professional photographer, shoot a 3D Matterport tour, compile the property’s details, research any historical significance (if applicable), and write a custom narrative for a unique feature booklet.
The A-Team also believes a strong social media and digital presence is paramount. Your listing will be featured on Alan and Tim’s signature website ateamlistens.com, as well as the Blank and McCune brokerage website, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and an additional 60-plus websites.
- Launching the property live on the market and the Iowa City Area Association of Realtors Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Your property typically receives the most exposure within the first 10 days of going live. Alan and Tim place a heavy emphasis on making sure all of the marketing materials are in place prior to going live. First impressions are everything in real estate, and the A-Team wants to make sure your home is showcased.
- The A-Team takes the ethical responsibility of fairly negotiating contractual terms very seriously. You may even have to deal with multiple offers before accepting the one you judge most suitable for you–and as your agents, Alan and Tim will provide a thorough and objective assessment of each offer to help you make the right choice.
- Once an offer is in place Alan and Tim help guide you along the important timeline as you consider various contingencies, decisions, deadlines, and any surprises along the way. No single transaction is the same as another. Obstacles and difficulties may arise along the way, and the A-Team is there to help.
Below are a few guidelines Alan and Tim believe sellers may find helpful prior to listing their property.
What to Look for in an AgentThe following are a few factors to keep in mind when looking for a listing agent:
- Education. The most important factor in choosing a real estate professional is his or her education in the real estate industry. Professionals have advanced training and education, allowing them to be among the top agents available in real estate.
- Experience and Expertise. You want a full-time agent who is familiar with your area and with the type of property you intend to sell. Does he or she employ a diverse range of marketing and advertising strategies? How tech-savvy is your agent? How many similar properties has he or she been able to sell in the past?
- Availability and Commitment. Your agent should be capable of prompt and decisive action during the course of selling your property. Does your agent make it a point to stay in touch with you? Can your agent easily be contacted in case of emergencies or even for the simplest questions? Is your agent available on the weekends or in the evenings when most buyers are out looking?
- Rapport. Does your agent take the time to listen to your goals and clarify your needs? Can your agent understand your unique situation and be genuinely concerned about the outcome of the process? Your listing agent will be your guide and partner in this crucial decision, so it is important to find someone compatible in this new partnership.
Perform a “walk-through” of your property.Look at it from the perspective of both the prospective buyer and the inspector. Take notes on all items that need to be repaired or replaced. Things to consider include:
- Does it need a new coat of paint (either because the old paint is obviously cracked or faded, or because of an uncommon choice in color that might turn off prospective buyers)?
- If a house with a yard, is the lawn and landscaping attractive and well-kept?
- If it is a condo, you can’t do much about the building, but is the front door (and balcony, if there is one) appealing?
- Are the roof (and the gutters) in good condition?
- Are the windows and doors attractive and in good condition?
- Is the grass nicely cut, are the hedges trimmed, are the leaves swept up? Are all toys put away such as bikes, scooters, etc.?
- Are the interior paints and finishes in good condition (recently updated), or do they need to be freshened up? This is one area with the best ratio of least expensive to most desired. For a minimal investment, you could possibly make or break a sale by having your home look well-kept and inviting.
- Are the appliances in good working order and of recent vintage? Are the plumbing and electrical systems in good condition? Are they fully functional?
- Are the carpets or other floor coverings clean and in good condition? Like the paint, are they attractive and well-kept? Floor coverings are worth paying for so that your home makes a good impression.
Looking To Sell Your Home?
The A-Team are the team with the know-how, moxie, vision and established connections to produce results.